Thursday, September 2, 2010

Twas the Night Before the China

                                        
Twas the Night Before China and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even my spouse.  He had everything buttoned up at 4pm. Suitcases were packed and our gifts wrapped with care....


Ok well then, I have been running around like crazy but thanks to my sensible husband we were packed  up nicely by the afternoon.  I even had a chance to secure some Polly Pockets for Aoli and some pack-rat food to take with me on the plane.  

I should say that my husband did nearly made me CRAZY this morning with last minute total panic and melt-down behavior.  I was wishing I were going to China sans husband like Tina (and he was too).  Fortunately I had an appointment with the school ELL person (which was sooo good and encouraging) that by the time I got home he had worked himself out of it by knocking some manly things off his to do list (like hanging blinds and assembling furniture) and I was in a great mood after settling things away at school.
 
Please do send us your best wishes and prayers tomorrow and for the next 2.5 weeks of travel.  I will try to update you as best I can.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes to all of you as you become a family (violet, too!)! I'll be following your blog . . . we, too, will be bringing home a 9 yr old little girl (hopefully soon). Hope your journey is a smooth one!

    Best, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your wonderful Gotcha Day and all that follows for you and your new family. If I can't wait you must be jumping in your plane seat. Good Luck- all my prayers- and we (Nian, Breigha and I look forward to seeing you in China! Yeah, can't wait....now I'm jumping too.

    ReplyDelete